This is a new one. tsū is a social network that aims to capitalize on the negative reaction to advertising (and the ensuing insane profits) on the platforms we spend much of our time generating content on and for. Basically, rather than display ads surrounded by content generated by users and enjoying tremendous profits (a la Facebook), or going completely ad-free with a questionable future business model (hello Ello), their approach is to display ads and pay the users out of the profits.
Already familiar with tsu? Here’s my tsu short code: daveo
Click here to join: http://www.tsu.co/daveo
In their words:
“tsū is a free network that gives the social revenues back to you. We instead focus on payments. It’s the right thing to do.”
“The Problem: 2 billion of you create social content and get nothing for it. It’s your content, your audience and you should own it.”
“The Solution: tsū gives you the ability to onboard your audience by removing ourselves from the sign-up process. Everyone has their own member short code, which is the door to their network.”
“How It Works: Get invited or join through another member’s short code. Get your own member short code by signing up.”
From their FAQ, in response to the question How do users make money on tsū?
“On tsū, users own their content and own their network, therefore they own the royalties generated from advertising, sponsorship and partnership dollars wrapped around their content. Additionally if any users came to the platform via a user’s short code or invitation, then that user will in perpetuity earn a portion of the economics of the newly invited individual and their social network on tsū.
This only happens on tsū and mechanically cannot happen on any other incumbent platform. If a tsū user’s post is viewed, that post creates economics – at the very least an advertisement is served alongside that post which is revenue. tsū simply arranges these revenues to trickle to the users as royalties via our algorithm that rewards both relevant content and social network building. See here to see the Algorithm.”
And how the algorithm works:
“Tsū’s algorithm automatically tracks, measures, and distributes revenue to the appropriate user and their family tree. At a high level, 90% of revenues are distributed to users. To maintain the platform, tsū receives 10%. To see how this breaks down, let’s take a look at 4 users, all with varying start dates on tsū.
User A invites user B, who invites user C, who invites user D
– $100 of earned revenue is generated based on the content user D shared (photos, videos, status updates, etc.)
– 90% of earned revenue go to the users. In this case, $90 of the $100 is shared with all the users.
– tsū takes 10% of the $100 for platform fees. In this case $10.
– User D, the original content creator takes 50% of the $90. In this case, $45.
– User C gets 33.3% (1/3) of the original $90 generated. In this case, $29.70
– User B gets 11.1% (1/3 of 1/3 = 1/9) of the original $90 generated. In this case $9.99
– User A gets 3.70% (1/3 of 1/3 of 1/3 = 1/27) of the original $90 generated. In this case $3.33
– This is what we call the rule of infinite thirds ”
tsū is currently invite only.
But you’re in luck – you can use my short code for access: http://www.tsu.co/daveo
It’s worth checking out at least – see you there!